Published on Thursday, September 17th, 2020 at 2:58pm
Payette County Press Release
Payette, ID. Payette County is preparing for the upcoming General Election on November 3, 2020. Payette County Clerk Lindsey Bratcher and her staff have been working with the traditional polling locations, as well as new polling locations to make plans to provide in person voting for the upcoming election. Polling locations have changed for several precincts in Payette County. Some voters will need to be prepared to vote in alternate locations in November. The General Election polling locations for Payette County are:
Church of the Nazarene located at 1980 7th Avenue North in Payette.
• Precinct #1 (previously at The First Methodist Church)
• Precinct #2 (previously at American Legion Hall)
Senior Citizen Center located at 137 N Main Street in Payette.
• Precinct #3 (previously at Payette City Hall – Council Chamber)
• Precinct #4 (Senior Citizen Center)
Corpus Christi Catholic Church located at 900 NW 7th Street in Fruitland.
• Precinct #5 (Corpus Christi Catholic Church)
• Precinct #6 (previously at Fruitland City Hall)
• Precinct #7 (previously at Farmers Mutual Conference Center)
New Plymouth Highway Assembly of God Church located at 4065 Hwy 30 West in New Plymouth.
• Precinct #8 (New Plymouth Highway Assembly of God Church)
First Baptist Church located at 204 E. Elm in New Plymouth.
• Precinct #9 (First Baptist Church)
• Precinct #10 (First Baptist Church)
This change is to ensure that anyone who wishes to vote in person can do so, in a manner that will allow social distancing and comfort. Governor Brad Little made in person voting possible for all Idaho voters after signing the Idaho Legislative Special Session House Bill 1 on September 1 , 2020. House Bill 1 amended Idaho Code 34-1006 by adding the following wording: “every elector shall always be provided the opportunity to vote in person in an election, notwithstanding a declaration of emergency, extreme emergency, or disaster emergency by the governor.” Payette County Clerk Bratcher is preparing for in person voting on November 3, 2020. Absentee voting is also available for this election. Voters can request one at https://idahovotes.gov/