Updated January 5, 2021
The PURPOSE of this Weiser High School Winter Sports Plan is to:
- Establish protocols for school activities and school competitions that adhere to ALL of the requirements for gatherings and spectators as outlined in Governor Little’s Winter Sports Order dated December 30, 2020.
- Allow athletics to continue to compete in a way that is productive and safe for all participants, while including spectators.
PLEASE DO YOUR PART TO ALLOW US TO CONTINUE TO OFFER WINTER SPORTS THAT INCLUDES SPECTATORS.
Schools are responsible for adhering to the Stage 2 Stay Healthy Order or other restrictions issued by the Governor or local jurisdictions.
In order to remain compliant with the Governor’s Stage 2 Order for Winter Sports:
1) Protocols for events will be posted on entry doors and be visible for all participants and spectators.
2) Weiser High School is required to have a protocol in place for all areas of the facility. Spectators must maintain a minimum of 12 feet of distance from non-family members:
In Parking Lots – spectators should wait at their vehicle until gates open and should leave the facility immediately following the competition, or when asked to do so
On Sidewalks – maintain distance before entering or exiting the facility
In Lobbies – no loitering
In Restrooms – Weiser will designate home and visiting spectator restrooms
In the Gym – sit in designated spaces and remain physically distant from non-family members
3) Passes to events:
Each participant may invite up to 2 spectators to their event and will be provided their passes in advance for distribution. However, the number of spectators in attendance may not exceed:
Basketball – 26 spectators per team
Wrestling – 30 spectators per team
Cheer – 12 spectators per team
4) Essential personnel in attendance are limited to:
Coaches – District Approved Only
Stat Keepers – Not to exceed 1 (or 1 per mat for wrestling)
Table Workers – Not to exceed 4 (or 4 per table for wrestling)
Administration – Not to exceed 3
Trainer – Not to exceed 1
Maintenance and Janitorial – Not to exceed 3
Audio/Visual – Not to exceed 1
Gate Workers – Not to exceed 2
Physical Distancing must be practiced in all places in the facility. Physical Distancing is defined in the Order as 12 feet of distance between non-household members.
Masks and/or facial coverings are REQUIRED for all spectators when not seated or when seated without a minimum of 12 feet physical distance between themselves and others.
Spectators must sit in designated seating spaces marked with an “X”.
Due to limitations on bleacher space, designated seating spots for spectators at Weiser High School DO NOT meet the required 12 foot spacing outlined in the Governor’s Order.
Spectators MAY be able to remove their mask when seated IF the required 12 feet of distance from others can be maintained. In Weiser, this requires that the immediate designated seating locations marked with an “X” are vacant in ALL directions around the spectator.
Home spectators and away spectators will enter though separate entrances, leave through their designated entrance, and will have designated seating sections.
i. Home Spectator Entrance – gym doors to the east side of the game gym
ii. Away Spectator Entrance – entrance to the main lobby of the school on the south side of the building (by the flagpole)
Gyms and event areas will be cleared after each event and cleaned and sanitized prior to allowing spectators in the facility for the next event.
6) Non-participating athletes, coaches, and game personnel:
Must wear a mask at all times
Non-participating athletes will be seated as a group behind the competing teams
Hand sanitizer will be available at entrances and in other locations throughout the venue.
Separate restrooms will be designated for home team spectators and for visiting team spectators. Restrooms will be sanitized throughout each event.
8) An Assurance Agreement that states Weiser High School will adhere to the guidelines of the Stay Healthy Order and Winter Sports Order will be signed by the Chairman of the School Board and by the Superintendent and submitted to the State Board of Education as required no later than January 15, 2021.
*IN ORDER FOR WEISER HIGH SCHOOL TO CONTINUE TO ALLOW ATHLETES TO COMPETE AND FANS TO WATCH CONTESTS WE ARE REQUIRED TO FOLLOW ALL OF THE REGULATIONS OUTLINED UNDER THE GOVERNOR’S WINTER SPORTS ORDER. YOUR FULL COOPERATION IS NECESSARY AND APPRECIATED.